Since the fog is holding Rotterdam hostage since a few days (my wonderful theory burst into pieces…) you’ll be happy to hear that next weekend (Oct. 11th to 14th) we’ll have the architectur film festival in town.
Reservations are possible since a few days so get to the phone (010) 411 5300 and make sure you get to see a few delicacies.
Our preliminary tips would be:
- De Grootste Architect Van Nederland (to be translated as either the tallest or the greatest architect of the netherlands, which might both be true…), a documentary on Huig Maaskant as a walk-in movie in Hotel New York. details
- Radiant City, the opening movie ‘Suburbia: Politicians call it growth. Developers call it business. The Moss family call it home.’ details (You should get to see it on Thursday, cause then its playing in the amazing, cantilevering auditorium of the Schipvaarts & Transport College by NeutelingsRiedijk.)
- LA Plays Itself, three hour ‘essay’ by New York Filmmaker Encke King on the cast of the city in different movies. details
- Site Specific, Olivo Barbieri’s semi-blurred helicopter shots across urban landscapes that look like marquettes. (If you haven’t seen it in the NAi’s Spectacular City show last year). details
- Building the Gherkin, well… needless to explain I guess. details
- and, I guess you won’t miss it anyway: Rem Koolhaas, A Kind Of Architect, OMA’s press officer: ‘we are extremely happy, it is a good film’ details
You’ll find a summarized program in our calendar, for further details check www.affr.nl
Enjoy and let us know what you liked!